Top Detox Water Recipes For Your New Active Year
New Year, New Healthy You!
We love exercise and going out in search of new adventures while sporting our Grizzly Rings. To keep up with our active lifestyles, it’s great to stay healthy and hydrated. We don’t necessarily drink these Detox water drinks for quick weightless or to follow the next fad diet. Rather, we drink them for the many other real benefits they provide.
Here are some benefits of detox waters that you should try that may change your life.
Detox waters have many different benefits, they are filled with vitamins that can help you lose weight faster, helps skin repair, balance pH Levels in the body, strengthen immune system, improves digestive system, cleanses the urinary tract, detoxifies liver, and many more health benefits that will improve your health. Some of the main fruits and vegetables I love to use are:
- Lemon: burns fat, Balance pH Levels in the body, strengthen immune system, improves digestive system, cleanses the urinary tract, detoxifies liver, helps skin repair, stronger bones, teeth eyesight, better joints, curbs appetite, lowers cholesterol levels, blood pressure, lowers blood sugar, and improves blood flow.
- Cucumber: Improves brain functioning, reduce risk of cancer, reduce inflammation, filled with antioxidants, freshens breath, helps with stress, support digestive system, maintain healthy weight, and improves heart health.
- Lime: help with aging skin, anti-carcinogenic, can help prevent formation of kidney stones, lower cholesterol.
- Grapefruit: full of vitamin C, antioxidant lycopene, fruit with the highest antioxidant activity, lower cholesterol, prevents kidney stones, protects against colon cancer, and repairs DNA.
- Blueberries: antioxidant support, heart support, brain benefits, lowers blood sugar, eye health, prevents cancer, filled with vitamin K, manganese, vitamin C, fiber, and copper.
- Strawberries: prevents heart disease, strokes, cancer, blood pressure, constipation, allergies and asthma, diabetes, pregnancy, depression, helps short term memory, high in fiber, helps with inflammation, boosts bone health, helps burn fat, loaded with anti-aging properties, helps you lose weight and keep it off, increases eye health.
Below are some my favorite detox water recipes:
Detox Cucumber Mint Water
- 1 medium cucumber - Cucumbers are already an excellent source of hydration as they are made mostly from water. They also contain anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 medium sized lemon - Lemon has great detoxification properties. It helps cleanse and alkalize the body.
- 10-12 mint leaves - Not only does mint aid in digestion, it also gives this recipe a fresh crisp taste.
Detox Lemon Water
- One lemon
- One glass of warm water
Preparation: Crush out the juice of lemon; blend this lemon juice into a glass of warm water. Drink this water on an unfilled or empty stomach consistently in the morning.
Cucumber Lime Detox Water:
- 2 Liters water
- 1 cucumber, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 10-15 fresh mint leaves (bruised)
- Handful of ice
Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher – let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes, you can then enjoy the drink. You can refill the water about 3 times before discarding the ingredients.
Strawberry Grapefruit Detox Water
- 2 liters water
- 3-5 strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, washed and sliced
- 1 small grapefruit, washed and sliced
Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher – let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes; enjoy your drink.
Ayurvedic Detox Tea:
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Coriander seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- 5 Glasses Water
- 1 Bottle Flask
Method to Prepare: In the morning, heat up the water. Include cumin, coriander and fennel seeds to the bubbling water and keep bubbling for 5 more minutes. Strain the tea and put it into a cup. Take little measures of this detox tea throughout the day. This drink is to be consumed hot or warm, never cold. We hope you enjoy, feel free to leave us a message.
What are some of your favorite Detox drinks?
Reference: Vitamin Detox Water For A Flat Tummy And Clear Skin? (2015, July 11)
Retrieved January 10, 2016